When you think about the future, you imagine the success and happiness you will have achieved, and the memories you will create with your loved ones. You don’t imagine leaving your friends and family with financial difficulty in the event of your death. We can help you to ensure your loved ones are well provided for and financially comfortable when the time comes.
Estate planning and inheritance tax
Estate planning allows you to make adequate provisions for those who survive you, with tax-efficient solutions to help you and your loved ones make the most of your money. Inheritance tax (IHT) used to be something that only effected the very rich, but with property prices at an all-time high and the IHT threshold not increasing to match, more and more estates are falling into the taxman’s net.
Our team of specialist estate planning accountants will guide you through the process of estate tax planning and succession planning, ensuring you make the most of lifetime gifts, trusts and life assurance policies to minimise the tax liabilities of your estate.
Estate planning solutions
With experience in working with a diverse range of clients, our knowledgeable team of estate planning advisors can provide estate planning services for single persons, blended families, childless couples and childless seniors, allowing you to direct your wealth and assets wherever you may wish, without losing more than necessary to the taxman.
Our estate planning service includes:
- Help with drawing up and reviewing your will
- Making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- Optimising lifetime transfers between spouses
- Transferring agricultural or business property
- Transferring assets into trust
- Arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential IHT liabilities
- Retirement planning and exit strategy planning for business owners